We get message from someone who is outraged that we have allowed other people to review them. They use a series of begging, excuses and threats to try and get their information removed. We thought that most lawyers would be honest with them and the people would give up and go away. Then we realized that many American lawyers do not care if they win, they just want to take money from their clients.
So before you make a big deal out of things consider the following:
- We run this website for many years and get messages from many lawyers. We are still here. They are not.
- The same internet that allows many people to be fakes, liars, cheaters and players allows us to be anonymous in posting the reviews submitted. You cannot sue an email address that is only accessed from a public computer at a university or an internet cafe in Asia.
- Many review websites have been sued and the websites won. Then we get free publicity and more people find out about you.
- Even if you have a friend that is a lawyer, you still have to pay for all the filing fees and will lose that money
- When we lived in the USA we learned how you Americans like to sue. But we do not live there anymore so you would have to find us and sue us here.
- If you sue, when going to court all the photos, emails and other information you have sent become a matter of permanent and public record. What judge or jury would look at someone who played those games and let them win?
- If you do figure out what country we are in, we are university students. We have no money to take.
- There are back ups of everything, it won’t go away just because you waste your money on a lawyer.
- Many times people send nude photos and we tell people not to post them online. If you cause more trouble the person who review you often do decide to post those pics.